Harrison Frazer is currently recruiting for leading animal nutrition company that has established itself as the leader in dairy nutrition, providing a portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and solutions.
Responsible for meeting sales goals (value and volume) in assigned region by leading a sales staff and supporting the technical needs of customers, nutritionists, the sales team and Value-Added Resellers by utilizing knowledge, expertise, customer feedback, and current research. This position will also focus on supporting add-on sales with existing customers and ensure customer satisfaction by providing product quality information as well as analysis, research and results from research trials and other sources of credible information.
This ideal candidate will be either located near/ be able to travel regularly to the South Dakota area
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate and communicate the nutritional and economic value of competitive products and application in ruminant animals to potential customers
- Train, support and drive accountability with the sales team through current information on the value of products, how products fit into rations, and applicable nutrition concepts to meet sales targets,
- Maintain an understanding of the changes the nutritionist or customer could make to their diets by best incorporating and providing best practices advice on transitioning the diet,
- Work with the Director of Technical Services to stay current on product typical nutrient specifications and provide current ration software feed libraries to nutritionists,
- Suggest solutions and advise customers on best application of company products,
- Identify strategic industry leaders, influencers, and organizations, and communicate the value that the products bring,
- Collaborate with Marketing Director and Sales Team to arrive at strategic product positioning and messages to communicate to the field,
- Stay current on relevant research and industry trends and bring appropriate information to the Team,
- Utilize CRM for all customer communications, including customer concern process within Microsoft Dynamics CRM,
- Make on farm visits to confirm customer satisfaction, take product and TMR samples for analysis,
- Support local research trials with universities, 3rd parties and on farm demonstrations,
- Enhance value by striving for excellence of product and professionalism.
Qualifications and Competencies: Following are multiple criteria essential to meeting the requirements of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an Agriculture or Business-related field is preferred with 2 to 5 years of sales related experience in dairy related industry.
- An advanced degree in ruminant nutrition,
- 5 to 10 years’ practical sales experience in dairy nutrition and the feed industry,
- Experience with applied animal research and product development,
Communications: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are important. Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to comfortably present information both in-person and remotely, required. Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working collaboratively with others is a must.
Organizational Skills: Skill and experience to identify, track communications, and execute logistics opportunities. Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, email, and internet sites used to manage the business.
Certificates and Licenses: A valid driver’s license and favorable driving record are required for this position as both local and out-of-town travel is required on occasion.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will have Sales Manager and/or Customer Service positions reporting to it.
Management Skills: Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize as needed is key to this position.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements: This position generally operates in an office environment, with occasional exposure to the process plant environment which may include exposure to noise, heat, and other indoor and outdoor environments. Physical requirements include:
• Sitting and working at a desk for extended periods of time,
• Viewing and working on a computer for long periods of time,
• Driving for long periods of time,
• Navigating in uneven terrain and outdoor elements,
• Occasionally lifting up to 20#,
• Occasionally bending, twisting, and turning while lifting weights up to 20#,
• Occasionally standing for extended periods of time.
The successful candidate would receive an attractive salary of between $120,000 per annum plus a sales/performance related bonus of 50%
Apply in confidence.
Harrison Frazer provides effective Retained Executive Search & Selection services, along with specialist Market Mapping and bespoke Recruitment solutions to key industry sectors on a global basis, with successful ongoing partnerships with many leading multinational organizations. We are trusted advisors to high-profile candidates and clients across the board.