Technical and R&D
Harrison Frazer is currently working with a Biotechnology company in New Jersey, who are seeking a Senior Scientist of Bioinformatics to join their growing team. Experience in working with NGS analysis tools is essential to the position.
- Working to rapidly prototype novel algorithms.
- Benchmarking company software with various competition and challenges.
- Developing best practices for analysis of NGS Data – including optimization of parameters, and consensus approaches across various tools.
- Work closely with other staff, identifying caps in variant detection and annotation algorithms in current and future pipelines.
- Maintain high profile in NGS and Bioinformatics community through publications, conference attendance and presentations.
- Develop and/or apply machine learning techniques to improve variant predictive algorithms.
- 3+ years Industry experience with Data Analysis and Bioinformatics.
- Industry experience in NGS analysis is essential.
- High level of Programming language skills in at least 2 major scripting languages (Perl, Python, R, Java, etc).
- Experience in working with high volume data visualisation.
- BS / MS in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology or related field is essential.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Problem solving and communication skills.
If you would like to find out more about the position please contact me at: email@example.com
Due to the vast number of applications received, we regret to inform that we will only be in touch with successful candidates. Apply in confidence.