Principal Scientist (Pharmacology & Toxicology)
Harrison Frazer are currently working with a mid-size pharmaceutical company focused on developing therapies to treat genetic disease. They are looking for a Principal Scientist to join their team and provide scientific leadership and expertise within the fields of pharmacology and toxicology.
The position is based in San Diego, California.
- Plan, implement and organize nonclinical pharmacology & toxicology studies
- Interpret & report nonclinical study data throughout all stages of development, including the communication of findings between scientists and collaborators
- Work with CROs and other collaborators, including preparing study reports and protocols in line with client needs
- Ensure project milestones/timelines are met in line with internal and external requirements
- Provide knowledge and expertise to pharmacology & toxicology scientists in relation to preclinical studies
- PhD in Pharmacology/Toxicology/similar
- 5+ years' experience working in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Working in field of genetic disease is a plus
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GLP
- Experience preparing regulatory documentation (IND, NDA etc.)
- Significant experience in the design and implementation of pharmacology/toxicology studies
- Experience working alongside other PhD-level scientists
- Ideal candidate will have experience mentoring research associate level scientists
- Strong problem solving and communication skills (written and oral)
If you would like to find out more about the position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply in confidence.
Harrison Frazer provides effective Retained Executive Search & Selection services, along with specialist Market Mapping and bespoke Recruitment solutions to key industry sectors on a global basis, with successful ongoing partnerships with many leading multinational organizations. We are trusted advisors to high-profile candidates and clients across the board.