The Applications Engineer is responsible actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the municipal sales process. This entails developing a good working relationship with both the sales and technology personnel, acting as an intermediary to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Responsibilities will include developing preliminary designs, budget proposals and pricing for a given project from the initial design through project handoff to Project Management. This position will also support sales in developing / reviewing specifications and developing bid documents
- Responsible for preliminary technology / project selection and designs utilizing in +house design tools.
- Responsible for preliminary proposal generation including product/process specifications and pricing.
- Facilitate preliminary drawing development through coordination with Drafting and Technology Departments.
- Pre-Bid Plan and Specification (and bid form) review.
- Prepare detailed specifications and drawings for projects entering final design. Discuss design details with Customer, Technical Sales Manager or Rep, as needed, to qualify our design and assist in the customer solution.
- Prepare final commercial proposal, estimate the product bid price and review the previous scope and pricing to assist in the final pricing strategy.
- Support the transition from bid to Order Execution (OE) for each project won.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred; direct Municipal wastewater experience may be substituted for degree is sufficient in length and exposure to the market
- Knowledge of municipal wastewater treatment systems and technologies
- Highly organized and responsive
- Effective Problem Solving Skills including the ability to recognize inaccurate data and errors
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with time-sensitive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn business processes and systems
- High personal standards of performance
- Strong work ethic