Director, Protein Structure: Function and Translational Biomarkers
Harrison Frazer are currently working with an organization focused on the discovery and development of therapies for CNS indications. The are seeking a Science Director to join their team.
The position is based in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Contribute to moving drug discovery candidates forwards, anchored on advancing human genetic validated genes that modify disease as candidate therapeutic targets
- Refine strategic plans for experimental investigation of DNA repair and handling proteins
- Manage network of CRO and academic scientists engaged in projects to interrogate modifier protein function, plus identify and evolve new collaborations.
- Explore modifier protein function encompassing genetic and biochemical investigations with human cells and tissues, mouse and human stem cell platforms, and in vivo studies including genetically modified animal models.
- Critically design experiments, analyze and synthesize data sets
- Advance biological understanding of MoA studies of modifier proteins
- Provide biology co-leadership of integrated medicinal chemistry programs
- Advance experimental approaches including established and emerging technologies in cells, tissues, and animals
- Participate in internal and external team meetings to evaluate and advance development of target engagement and PD biomarkers
- Identify capabilities and competencies for current and future programs in the areas of protein function, new assay development, and candidate drug molecule candidates for therapeutic advancement
- Management/oversight of external CROs & collaborators
- Fulfill necessary process, legal, and business requirements
- Ph.D. in relevant field
- 5+ years' experience as independent scientist
- Track record of scientific accomplishment, evidenced by refereed journal publications and securing of research funding support
- Expertise in investigating and elucidating protein’s MoA, specifically with respect to protein:nucleic acid interactions
- Experience and accomplishment in elucidating protein complexes and their cellular function(s), experience in design & characterization of protein isolation and characterization technologies
- Training and experience in biophysics, structural and chemical biology, proteomics and mass spec experimental design data analysis
- Experience in enzyme assay development & adaptation to high throughput biological assays suitable for screening
- Significant experience planning and conducting genetic, biochemical and pharmacologic perturbation studies directed towards elucidating protein biological mechanism of action
- Drug discovery experience in validating targets for therapeutic advancement (including program advancement of integrated medicinal chemistry optimization programs with clinical trajectory)
- Experience in developing target engagement and PD biomarkers
- Ability to identify, design, and drive innovative programs and demonstrated evidence of scientific “problem solving”
- Scientific leadership, analytical skills, critical reasoning, scientific rigor, written & oral communication skills, ability to work collaboratively, self-motivated
- Ability to travel across US and globally
If you would like to find out more about the position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply in confidence.
Harrison Frazer provides effective Retained Executive Search & Selection services, along with specialist Market Mapping and bespoke Recruitment solutions to key industry sectors on a global basis, with successful ongoing partnerships with many leading multinational organizations. We are trusted advisors to high-profile candidates and clients across the board.