Harrison Frazer is working with a global leading company in water and wastewater treatment for Industrial and Municipal clients. We currently have an opportunity for you to join their dynamic team.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager - Industrial Wastewater - Mining & Metals. The objective for this position is to find, screen, prioritize, develop and close project contracts that focus on Company strengths and result in high profit margins. Specifically the focus is on the mining sector, but depending on the level of activity in this market, the position may also focus on development and booking of projects in other markets such as power, chemical, etc. Will work closely with other Company Business Units, as well as Global market teams. This will be a Market-based position with a regional assigned territory.
This a remote position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote company offering to mine (or other market business) owners, engineering companies, consultants and strategic partners.
- Build a strong pipeline of projects in target markets/applications and execute successful project strategies.
- Plan sales strategy by geography, account base, and market segment.
- Focus strategy on company strengths targeting higher margin sub-markets and project opportunities.
- Direct client interface, actions, and content. Must monitor client requirements, and direct responses required to move the project opportunity forward.
- Be effective in identifying client drivers and in developing the best offering for success.
- Must have a strong technical foundation allowing for effective development and presentation of company technical offering with clients.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of our competitors offerings and approaches in order to develop successful counter strategy.
- Coordinate sales and support strategies through the use of available company resources including tendering, process and project management team members.
- Support the development of project proposals.
- Review, revise and negotiate company offerings/contracts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel is required, lasting anywhere from a day in length to the entire week. The frequency of travel will depend on the sales opportunities that arise in addition to scheduled trips. 50+% travel is expected in order to effectively manage the territory.
- International travel may be required, but would be limited.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in an engineering or science discipline.
- Five years of experience in the field of mining/metals market sales or a closely related discipline
- Minimum five years of experience in the field of industrial water and wastewater treatment.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary of between $110,000 - $140,000 USD per annum plus commission plan and an additional benefits package.