Harrison Frazer is working with one of the leading operators of water infrastructure in North America. They seek an established Business Developer to continue the growth of their contract operations business in Municipal (and Industrial) Water Infrastructure in the Southeast US.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for originating, developing and closing new business. The BDM works collaboratively with all other departments, including, technical resources, operations, commercial, finance and human resources in the activity of pursuing projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements regional sales and marketing strategies
- Seeks out and researches prospective projects through established sales channels and recommends the development of alternate sales channels.
- Drives the process for major project pursuit developing sales strategies
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with key purchasing influences
- Keeps company management informed of business conditions, which may affect assigned services or markets
- Provides external leadership for the assigned products/markets by actively participating in trade shows, equipment seminars, and training activities.
- Understands and adheres to all company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage pursuits including preparation of written proposals and presentations
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams
- Ability to influence broad groups of stake-holders
Education and/or Experience
- BS degree or greater, and 7 years of experience in selling services. An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Experience with municipal governments and industrial clients is preferred.
- Must also have a demonstrated sales track record, preferably in the municipal sector and related to water and wastewater utility operations.
- Valid driver’s license
- Requires overnight travel approximately 50% of the time
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
The successful candidate would receive an attractive salary of between $120,000 – $160,000 USD per annum plus a sales related bonus and benefits.
Apply in confidence.
Harrison Frazer provides effective Retained Executive Search & Selection services, along with specialist Market Mapping and bespoke Recruitment solutions to key industry sectors on a global basis, with successful ongoing partnerships with many leading multinational organizations. We are trusted advisors to high-profile candidates and clients across the board.