Harrison Frazer is representing a manufacturer of a complete line of automated material handling systems. The company is looking to bring on board a Territory Sales Manager to serve the Gulf Coast region.
We are seeking a seasoned, customer-focused individual with a solid understanding of industrial automation and material handling markets. Develop, manage, lead, promote and sell material handling capital equipment through a network of dealers, and distributor customers, manufacturer representatives & consulting engineers within designated territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Initiate and follow-up with current and prospective customers to sell or resolve problems, answer questions, prepare correspondence and provide weekly sales and expense reports.
· 75% Travel within the assigned territory.
· Prepares and presents proposals, programs, promotions, quotes and recommends products based on customer needs.
· Assist customer and arranges payment terms in accordance with established guidelines.
· Will act in a courteous, respectful and professional manner when dealing with customers and company employees.
· Communicates with customers and internal employees in a timely manner, through email and telephone.
· Maintains a professional demeanor, maintains confidentiality, and acts in the best interest of the company.
· Promotes company’s image in a positive light.
· Creates and maintains computer files and customer contacts in CRM (customer relations management).
· Be the VOC (Voice of the Customer) to provide advisory support and assistance to the V.P. Sales & marketing, Branch Managers and internal company support personnel.
· Attends sales seminars, sales meetings, trade shows or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, regulations in the marketplace.
· Create and execute a Regional business plan to support the company business plan.
· Assist with building effective market strategies. Collaborate with sales management in setting goals, standards and preparing sales forecasts.
· Work with engineering team to insure product quality and new product development.
· Manage activities within budget guidelines.
· Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Training, Experience, Skills)
· General industrial automation knowledge is required. Knowledge of material handling, conveyor systems, and hydraulic lift applications would be a strong asset
· 4 Year BS degree in a related field or equivalent is prefferred
· Proven track record of successful sales experience
· Possess selling skills and a likeable personality. Must be a SELF-STARTER and a "hunter", and willing to travel.
· Effective people and communications skills. Must have strong presentation skills.
· Working knowledge of PC’s, various software programs, their operating systems, internet, and email and Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts, policies, documents and regulations.
· Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
· Skill and ability to meet people, listen and sell.
· Ability to manage goals with short term and long term focus.