Our client is the leading independent supplier of protection and condition monitoring solutions for rotating machinery. Our worldwide network of branch offices and representatives strengthens our coverage & position in all strategic markets.
Reporting to the Sales Area Manager for Southwestern Europe, the Area Sales Engineer/Manager will be responsible for the growth of orders & revenues and for the support of Business development/marketing activities within the region and for assigned customers.
The Sales Engineer/Manager delivers the order booking performance as per target plan and also provides support and leadership to the channel partners in the region. This may also include the recruiting, inducting and mentoring of new partners as well as the termination of ineffectual relationships in collaboration with the SAM.
• Undertake sales and marketing activities to sustain and develop a steady orders pipeline in the region
• Generate new opportunities and develop existing opportunities to close profitable orders in alignment with the company’s prioritized industry segments
• Negotiate and undertake the sale of our products and services
• Where possible, develop a good balance between system and instrument sales
• Undertake customer presentations to influence and obtain early involvement in the requirement specific cation of projects
• Cooperate with other sales personnel to facilitate and promote sales from other regions into the region and vice-versa
• Provide strong interface to the project delivery group to ensure a smooth handover of projects
• Lead, coach and develop Channel Partners • Implement a strong customer focus in the region
• Oversee and assist in the project delivery process through close interaction with stakeholders
• Provide market feedback to the organization (technology/sales/project delivery)
• Participate actively in regular sales and marketing meetings
• Provide regular reports and forecast
• 5+ years of experience in direct sales, business development, marketing or service experience in B2B sales of high technology, high value systems and industrial instrumentation solutions
• Bachelor‘s degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical or equivalent) or at least 5 additional years of experience in technical sales
• Knowledge and experience including contacts in relevant industries (Oil & Gas, Petrochemical Industries, Energy Production etc.) in the region is an advantage
• Basic knowledge of rotating/reciprocating machinery or the core market segments of HPI & Powergen
• Knowledge and experience in machinery condition monitoring and vibration analysis is a big plus
• Proven track record in developing sales and experience in contract negotiation
• Experience in Field Services and/or Project Management will be helpful in selling large and complex long-term projects and associated services
• Pro-active, self-motivated and results-driven salesperson with financial acumen and strong willingness to take challenges and lead business growth initiatives
• Customer-first mindset, strategic focus and ability to prioritize activities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills across different cultures and environments
• Fluent in English (verbal and written) and at least one local language from the assigned region
• Willingness to travel at least 50 % of the working time
In addition to intensive incorporation and continuous training courses in technical subjects as well as training in soft skills, we offer you an attractive working environment, a fair pay and a varied range of tasks. In addition, you benefit from flexible working hours and interesting development opportunities within the company.