Product Manager – Engineered Solutions – Water Wellness
Harrison Frazer is representing a global provider of plumbing, heating, and water quality solutions for residential, industrial, municipal, and commercial settings. The company is looking to bring on board an experienced Product Manager for their Water Wellness offering.
The Product Manager for Water Wellness is responsible for managing the roadmap, strategy, and product lifecycle of a key strategic product offering within the company Heating & Hot Water Solutions platform. The Product Manager, Water Wellness will work cross functionally to develop and implement the strategic roadmap defining, nurturing and executing new business and product development opportunities for the Heating & Hot Water Solutions platform for new, non-core, technology solutions, integrated company solutions, and/or services working across the company portfolio, to bring our customers cutting edge market driven solutions. The role is accountable for executing the product strategy and their resulting sales and margin performance for a defined key strategic growth initiative. This role will fully support life cycle product management activities from concept to end of life for HHWS, Corporate Strategic Accounts and company by engaging in activities responsibilities for profit/loss, marketing plans, new product pipeline, portfolio management and support measurements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead and manage new and advanced product and business development efforts from concept through launch for the company’s key strategic product offering
- Lead all aspects of the product life cycle including developing roadmap, identifying, driving, and implementing key growth initiatives
- Analyze new opportunities in the water heater, boiler, water treatment and related vertical markets. Identify trends and potentials in cooperation with the company production sites worldwide to develop product strategy
- Conduct robust voice-of-customer to validate market/competitive dynamics, new product business cases, and to general stay closely connected to the market
- Lead the product realization process from concept through the establishment of the product design criteria with Engineering
- Specify market requirements for current and future products based on market research and customer interactions
- Introduce products capable of meeting strict compliance with engineering standards, company standards and market requirements
- Provide periodic analysis and understanding of customer (engineers, architects, contractors, sales representatives, facilities managers and specialists) needs, requirements and trends for the water and space heating markets
- Actively participate in the new product development projects through the One Company Performance System, including being responsible to coordinate market requirements, pricing, product information and sales training
- Coordinate and/or complete market analysis on competitive products prior to development efforts to identify unique selling points, costs/pricing and technical specifications
- Support product market research and identification of new product opportunities while working
with sales, marketing and other departments
- Attend select tradeshows and present product selling points to prospective customers
- Support marketing objectives, including sales volume and profit forecasts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Marketing or commensurate experience, required.
- This position does not have direct reports and will work within a highly collaborative team
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following: product management, engineering, systems engineering, applications engineering, training, or technical sales required
- Experience in the commercial hydronic and/or water heating industries a strong plus
- Computer efficiency – Intermediate to Expert level in MS office, Project, Teams, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, experienced with manufacturing ERP systems (Glovia and Epicor preferred) and configuration software used to quote and sell product
- Working knowledge of creating and executing business cases for growth opportunities, including new product development a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills, required
- Experience with planning and executing projects (setting and achieving personal and team goals, detailed action plans)
- Results driven; proven track record of success in leading cross-functional matrixed teams to achieve successful results
REGIONAL/ COUNTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Mainly US based travel up to 25%
- Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
- Required to wear safety glasses, safety shoes, and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the shop floor or in off-site facilities
The successful candidate would receive an attractive salary of between $90,000 – $120,000 USD per annum plus a bonus (15% on target) and additional benefits package.
Apply in confidence.
Harrison Frazer provides effective Retained Executive Search & Selection services, along with specialist Market Mapping and bespoke Recruitment solutions to key industry sectors on a global basis, with successful ongoing partnerships with many leading multinational organizations. We are trusted advisors to high-profile candidates and clients across the board.