Harrison Frazer are currently partnered with a rapidly expanding Contract Research Organisation, based in Edinburgh. The position is a Principal Scientist in the Histology focus area of the company.
An ideal candidate would be one who relishes combining aspects of leadership, project management, R&D and business development.
- Primary point of contact for the Histology team, providing scientific oversight, delivering guidance on experimental design, through to technical delivery where required.
- Leadership role in terms of group project planning, coordination and resource management.
- Line management of Senior Scientists, delegation of project tasks across the team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of client data and reports.
- Taking a lead role in facilitating the optimisation of new markers, multiplex panels, new technologies, based on client demand and analysis of the competitive landscape.
- Where appropriate, providing training to others in the team.
- Taking an active role in nurturing new and expanding existing client relationships.
- Presenting the company’s histology capabilities in an authoritative and engaging manner, in face-to-face meetings and by teleconferencing.
- Attending scientific and trade conferences to deliver oral presentations and posters and to assist in fielding enquiries to capture new commercial opportunities.
- PhD desirable, with > 5 years post-doctoral experience or equivalent tenure in a CRO/Pharma/Biotech setting.
- Evidence of a strong conceptual understanding of the field.
- Previous experience of Pharma/Biotech drug discovery or contract research desirable.
- Strong verbal communication skills, participating in client and lab discussions and conference presentations.
- Demonstrable relevant laboratory experience.
- Supervisory management experience desirable.
If you are interested in this position, and would like to receive further information, then please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the vast number of applications received, we regret to inform that we will only be in touch with successful candidates. Apply in confidence.