We’ve set the bar for our industry in Delaware and are aggressively seeking growth in the Mid-Atlantic area. Our company and talented employees are held in high regard in our industry and community, and have a relentless commitment to customer loyalty.
We are extremely proud of our reputation in Delaware and the surrounding areas of Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, as well as the construction industry in general. Our key strength is providing comprehensive construction project solutions from the pre-design phase of a project through construction and facility occupancy. We are currently seeking a PROJECT MANAGER. To plan, directs and coordinates all activities within project(s) from inception through to conclusion and turnover.
This includes working closely with all internal and external project team members to make decisions and recommendations to affect the quality, profitability and optimal outcome of the project(s). Responsible for ensuring the goals and objectives of the project(s) are met within the established budget and schedule. Additional responsibilities include, developing business opportunities and repeat business opportunities with clients, and supervising subordinate Project Managers when assigned.
Expectations of ALL Employees
1. Be a leader by taking responsibility, exhibiting a positive attitude and preserving the company culture.
2. Actively participate in the implementation and support of Total Jobsite Safety and Zero Accidents Program.
3. Embrace our Service Vision and Nine Standards, and apply them to everything you do.
4. Seek to thoroughly understand corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
5. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills by pursuing training and development.
6. Serve as a steward of our financial health and growth.
7. Work ethically and with integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work with Lead Project Manager, Operations Manager and Superintendent to establish a complete and comprehensive project team in all aspects of project’s construction.
2. Participate in proposals for potential projects.
3. Initiate and maintain liaison with client and design team to facilitate construction activities.
4. Direct and coordinate activities of project team members to ensure project schedule and budget.
5. Create, maintain and utilize the CPM schedule as required by the project. Coordinate with contractors to forecast project completion, prioritize the critical path and begin with the end in mind.
6. Assist in COMPASS process as directed.
7. Assist Operations Manager or Senior Project Manager during pre-construction phase as directed. Assist and coordinate with the Estimating Department during development of the various stages of design estimates and value engineering.
8. Lead PlanCheck process by analyzing project documents during the design phase and performing constructability reviews of design documents. Coordinate and schedule review meetings with the Design Team, Superintendent, and QA/QC Representative.
9. Create project scopes and bid tabulation sheets. Lead the bidding process, including developing front-end specifications, scheduling and running the prebid meetings, receiving RFIs, and developing and distributing addenda.
10. Assume responsibility once Operations Manager has submitted/turned over preconstruction for financial aspects of the project, including fees, General Condition items and reimbursable labor to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
11. Regularly monitor project costs and communicate cost projections.
12. Lead project meetings and ensure meeting agendas and meeting minutes are delivered in a prompt and accurate fashion.
13. Assist in conducting regular executive level meetings. Manage client issues or concerns at the jobsite and handle communication with client representative. Develop detailed agendas and tracking logs to clearly demonstrate the status of the project to the Owner and board members.
14. Assist in the development of the Owner’s GMP contract and creation of subcontracts, including scope reviews and the post-bid value engineering process.
15. Keep company management informed of all critical project related issues. Offer feedback to improve performance.
16. Ensure all state and local regulatory and inspection agency activities are scheduled as needed.
17. Create and effectively maintain submittal register and process submittals, using BuildingBlok if applicable.
18. Review contractor change orders for scope, costs, labor rates and schedule impacts. Coordinate with Estimating Department, as needed. Process all CORs within an appropriate time frame to not delay the project.
19. Work with field personnel to lead Pre-Install Process by collecting and addressing relevant submittals, safety concerns, scheduling related issues and contractor coordination, and preparing meeting minutes in a prompt and accurate fashion.
20. Require contractors to provide quality construction work consistent with plans and specifications.
21. Thoroughly closeout a project by establishing project completion list and leading punchlist process and internal archiving of project.
22. Oversee closeout of owner contract and acceptance of project.
23. Maintain and complete all assigned project documentation ensuring documentation is thorough, up to date and accurate.
24. Submit appropriate reports, timely, clearly and accurately.
25. Respond to communications and inquiries in a timely, professional fashion.
26. Develop and maintain positive relationships with client, contractors and design team to facilitate construction activities and provide opportunities for future projects.
27. Effectively manage subordinate team members’ activities, providing regular feedback, developing their skills and encouraging growth.
28. Visit assigned projects on a routine basis. Ability to travel and report to projects/office locations as required.
Qualifications/Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
• Experience with industry specific software and technology (e.g., BIM, Microsoft Project, project specific software such as Ibidpro, Prolog, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Proficient with software to view, create, manipulate PDFs (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, BlueBeam)
• Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as construction plans, safety rules and procedure manuals
• Ability to read and comprehend contracts
• Demonstrate extreme accuracy and organization of the entire project scope.
• Demonstrate sound judgment to make recommendations that affect profitability and quality of project
• Ability to work independently and make significant, effective decisions
• Strong negotiation skills to resolve project conditions with contractors, design team and/or owner
• Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present information one-on-one and speak in front of groups
• Strong written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports and business correspondence
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, developing solutions when possible
• Commitment to superior customer service, responding promptly to the clients’ needs and meeting commitments
• Open to direction and feedback, listens and seeks clarification
• Display original thinking and creativity and generate suggestions for improving quality of work
• Exceptional multi-tasking skills and ability to remain poised and professional under pressure
• Team-oriented with the ability to positively interact with internal and external team members Required Education and Experience
• 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
• Minimum of 7 years’ direct construction management experience
• Experience running projects of greater than $10M or combination of projects that simultaneously equal totals of or over $20M
• Knowledge of or experience managing LEED certified buildings 4
• Proven success managing multiple projects concurrently
• OSHA 30-hour Certification
• Current CPR and First Aid certification
• Experience managing multiple delivery methods – GC, CM, Design-Build
• Knowledge of specialty areas (e.g., MEP systems, building envelope)
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package:
• Health & Dental Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Group Long Term Disability Insurance
• Group Long Term Care Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Personal Time
• Paid Holidays
• 401K Plan
• Education Assistance