Job Title: MEP Specialist
Location: DE, MD, PA and NJ
Basic Salary: Competitive
Industry Focus: Electrical and Mechanical Engineering and Plumbing
Harrison Frazer is interested to speak to any individuals located in, or willing to relocate to the Mid-Atlantic area. Candidates are required to have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. An essential understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems is required.
- Work with Operations Managers and Project Managers to establish a complete and comprehensive project team responsible for project’s construction.
- Participate in PlanCheck process, reviewing construction documents to gain knowledge of project, and MEP systems, design and requirements. Identify issues and concerns, in writing, to the responsible parties and notify Project Manager.
- Perform scope and schedule reviews to assist with planning procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times.
- Actively participate in project meetings, as necessary. (E.g. Pre-construction, Pre-Install, Contractor Coordination, Progress Meetings, etc.)
- Assist project team members in ensuring quality workmanship by contractors that conforms to specifications and adheres to construction schedule.
- Assist with the Commissioning Process as it pertains to specific project.
- Provide client support, including operating training support.
- Assist in the training of employees
- Oversee team members’ activities in the field, providing regular feedback, developing their skills and encouraging growth.
- Provide proper, accurate and current project inspection/observation reports for management.
- Provides clear, concise and current project reports for FMs, PMs and Oms Maintain required documentation and submit appropriate reports timely, clearly and accurately.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new developments, techniques, and products in the industry, with a focus on MEP systems and equipment.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with client, contractors and design team to facilitate construction activities and provide opportunities for future projects.
- Visit assigned projects on a routine basis. Ability to travel and report to projects/office locations as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Advanced knowledge in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and National Fire Protection Codes
- OSHA 30-hour Certification
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficient with software to view, create, manipulate PDFs (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, BlueBeam)
- Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as construction plans, safety rules and procedure manuals
- Ability to work independently and make significant, effective decisions
- Demonstrate sound judgment to make recommendations that affect profitability and quality of project
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve project conditions with contractors, design team and/or client
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present information one-on-one and speak in front of groups
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports and business correspondence
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, developing solutions when possible
- Commitment to superior customer service, responding promptly to the clients’ needs and meeting commitments
- Open to direction and feedback, listens and seeks clarification.
- Display original thinking and creativity and generate suggestions for improving
- quality of work
- Ability to deal professionally with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Extremely organized with effective time management skills
- Strong planning skills
- Ability to effectively solve problems and professionally handle conflict resolution
- Team-oriented with the ability to interact positively with and lead internal and external team members
If you believe you are at this level and have the correct skills, please forward your CV on accordingly. Due to a large anticipated response, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume your application has not been successful.
Apply in confidence.